Return of the Rotunda
After some months enveloped in a cage of scaffolding, Hagley Park’s Rotunda once more stands proud at the top of the Park, adorned with a splendid new stone roof. The building, dating from 1747, was originally designed by John Pitt of Encombe and sited to terminate the vista from the Palladian Bridge. Its stone roof, far less common in English garden architecture, presents a more primitive Palladian character. Previously on the Heritage at Risk register, a grant from English Heritage has enabled the preservation of this wonderful Grade II * listed eyecatcher.
Enjoy the view